Spirit Projekt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spirit Projekt

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Gonna make an attempt to spark the place up a little more once again. Starting with this new layout. Deal with it.
HELLO SPIRIT PROJECT MEMBERS! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!
Invite you friends.

Why do we deal with this shit!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shika22
Still a N00b
Still a N00b
Shika22

Why do we deal with this shit! Empty
PostSubject: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:10 pm

I don't understand why we keep putting up with this foreign bullshit.

It doesn't seem to me that the United States has benefited at all from all the foreign entanglements we've gotten ourselves into. Like in Georgia (the country, not the state) somehow we were the assholes because we didn't send troops to defend a NATO ally... well what about the rest of the NATO allies? Why is it no one criticizes them for not sending in troops? Why does it have to be the United States do 90% of the work with NATO? How do we benefit from NATO at all?

We defend South Korea, Japan and Taiwan from Chinese and North Korean attack, and for that we get called imperialists.

You know what? If all these bullshit nations want defense, they should be able to defend themselves. If the Africans want food and supplies, they should be able to feed and supply themselves. We shouldn't have any part of it.

What the United States should do is withdraw all it's troops from all corners of the world immediately, discontinue all aid to all corners of the Earth, dissolve all alliances with foreign nations and open up a free trade system with all. Let the world burn.
Back to top Go down
afierceweasel
Senator
Senator
afierceweasel

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:21 pm

The reason NATO was originally created was to defend against the Communist front, led by the later created Warsaw Pact. And we are imperialists because we follow an "imperial" style, because, Imperialism is the act of assuming control over another country. Plus, we don't defend against China and North Korea anymore, jackass. That was over 30 years ago. Which we have on far too many occasions. And you are an idiot to blieve the Africans can help themselves at the moment, what with AIDS, Ebola, Typhoid, etc etc sweeping across the place like the locusts every few years. And America is required to help other countries due to treaties and pacts, and general good will towards others. However, Bush fucked us up in Iraq. I'd say more, but I think I've said enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1000005
Shika22
Still a N00b
Still a N00b
Shika22

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Im not saying they can.

Im saying. Should we really try to "police the world" if everyone hates us for it?

What are these stupid entanglements worth? Nothing.

Fuck the world those ungrateful basterds.

Thank you and please do not call me an idiot.
Back to top Go down
BobShark
Admin
BobShark

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Thank you, I could not agree more.
Back to top Go down
http://spiritproject.roflforum.net
afierceweasel
Senator
Senator
afierceweasel

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:56 pm

America as often been the world police to stop things such as the spread of communism. Its not that the world hates us for being the "World Police" its how we go about it. Mainly, they hate us for the war in Iraq. The entire War on Terror would have been fine if we stayed in Afghanistan, but we didn't. And I apologize for calling you an idiot.
Back to top Go down
BobShark
Admin
BobShark

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:02 am

its expensive to be the world police. we probably pay for 45% of the worlds defense. Seriously dude...is that necessary?

We can be a super strong nation by keeping to ourselves and profit off the world falling apart around us.
Back to top Go down
Lorena.Lollerskates
Senator
Senator
Lorena.Lollerskates

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:45 am

this is probably one of the only times i'll actually start talking about these current events because this is probably one of the only things i learned in american history last year.
george washington once said
"Why quit our own to stand upon foreign ground? Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of European Ambition, Rivalship, Interest, Humour or Caprice? 'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent Alliances, with any portion of the foreign World--So far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to do it--for let me not be understood as capable of patronising infidility to existing engagements, (I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy)--I repeat it therefore, Let those engagements. be observed in their genuine sense. But in my opinion, it is unnecessary and would be unwise to extend them."

In my opinion, he was probably one of the best presidents we've ever had and i know a LOT of people agree with me. He led our soldiers through so much shit and he was so selfless and he stood by the united states without ever betraying us, but for some reason, people find it necessary to completely ignore some of the things he said. i really dont understand why. it makes absolutely NO sense to me to be so involved with other countries, sure we should gain their trust, but we spend so much money on them its ridiculous. that money could be going to better causes but for some reason, its going to the other countries to fight for them. so yeah, i couldnt agree more with this topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxfa113n4ng3lxx
BobShark
Admin
BobShark

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 am

George Washington said some of the most wisest things. It saddens me that we ignored his words.

he warned us of the troubles that we are in today.
Back to top Go down
Lorena.Lollerskates
Senator
Senator
Lorena.Lollerskates

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:11 am

right?
and im pretty sure it was also him that said something about history repeats itself, or maybe im crazy and that wasnt him.
i think it was.
anyway, history DOES repeat itself and all the shit happening now either has happened in the past or WILL happen again in the future.

the dude was a genius and for some unexplainable reason, people dont listen to him. -_-
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxfa113n4ng3lxx
afierceweasel
Senator
Senator
afierceweasel

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 pm

What I neglected to mention is that, at the moment, we do not really need to be the world police. In the past, we have. Like with the spread of communism, which was proven to destructive and so overly bureaucratic, that nothing can ever get done, and that people would live terrible lives. Thus, we attempted to stop its spread. That was a good time to be the world police, as it would save entire countries from communism. But, in most cases, George Washington was correct, in that we should stay out of other countries affairs. But, isolationism is not the best thing, either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do we deal with this shit!   Why do we deal with this shit! Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do we deal with this shit!
Page 1 of 1