Spirit Projekt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spirit Projekt

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Gonna make an attempt to spark the place up a little more once again. Starting with this new layout. Deal with it.
HELLO SPIRIT PROJECT MEMBERS! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!
Invite you friends.

Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!

Go down 
+8
JPickles
Lorena.Lollerskates
Martin The Man Van Buren
ChesterParadox
Slurry.
WeAreDormin777
Stevie Wonders
BobShark
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who do you choose to be the next Senator?
Slurry of the Spiral Party
Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! Vote_lcap165%Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! Vote_rcap
 65% [ 11 ]
ChesterParadox of the Demonic Party
Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! Vote_lcap135%Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! Vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BobShark
Admin
BobShark

Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! Empty
PostSubject: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! Decisi10
too bad its 09....

Ok guys the time is now! Since I am tired of waiting and postponing
ideas to go through the Senate, I am opening the polls.

Polls will be open for 2 days.

Good luck to both of you.

Winner of this election will be Senator of the 2nd Senate Seat or what I like to call it. The Seat of Water!

You will be Senator until August 19th. That is a 6 week term. Elections will be held again then.

EDIT: SLURRY WINS!

Last edited by BobShark on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://spiritproject.roflforum.net
Stevie Wonders
Piece of Gum
Piece of Gum
Stevie Wonders

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Now we wait?
Back to top Go down
WeAreDormin777
Admin
WeAreDormin777

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Debate is unlocked

-DEBATE QUESTION-

If elected what will you do to benefit Spirit Projekt?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/wearedormin
Slurry.
Senator
Senator
Slurry.

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Well, here's waht I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's more things to do in my brain.

-I won't spam "mmm".
-I'll be helpful/nice instead of my occasional trolling. (Note: I'm too nice to be a troll.)
-On a more serious note, I'd like to propose a few acts? bills? whatever you'd like to call it. Among these would be a "no serious personal attacks" act/bill. This would include posting personal information against the user's request, making threats via the forums in any way, derogatory comments involving racial, sexual, homophobic, ageist, religious, political, ethnic, or other epithets (such as against people with disabilities). Anything breaking the aforementioned would result in a warning, and if continued, possibly a ban. It's mainly to prevent personal grudges/conflicts from reaching the internet. If both parties find something humorous, it wouldn't be breaking any rules. (Example: Person A calls person B a money-grubbing jew, but person B find it to be funny instead of offensive.)
-I'd also propose and vote for any user-requested acts/bills, assuming it's not something obviously bad.

As I think of more things, I'll add them to this post, but this is the gist of it.

Last edited by Slurry. on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WeAreDormin777
Admin
WeAreDormin777

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Chester's turn.
Back to top Go down
ChesterParadox
On a Quest to Kill the administrator
ChesterParadox

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:01 pm

I think Slurry makes good points.
kudos to him.

-First I would increase membership.
-Since my vote would count as the tie breaker I would of course ask the community.
-I would also pay attention to community discussions to find out what is talked about the most to propose new sects.

I will add more with time.
Back to top Go down
http://recommendthis.blogspot.com
Slurry.
Senator
Senator
Slurry.

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Thanks; you've brought up some good points too.

I'd just like to ask, isn't increasing membership achievable by a regular member? I had thought about that too, such as possibly advertising on various sites to have new people join and write about that here, but I realized that a regular member could do that as well, so I thought to leave it out. Regardless, it's a good point to have.
Back to top Go down
ChesterParadox
ChesterParadox

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 8:40 pm

-I would propose a bill that would allow only topics in the random sect to be able to go off topic.

True but I guess I would try harder and put more effort into getting members here.
Back to top Go down
WeAreDormin777
Admin
WeAreDormin777

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:07 pm

^ I would like to point out, I allow Random Topics to go off topic but not the topics in General Chit-Chat (Except Social Thread.)

Next to that, I move Random Topics to General Chit-Chat because it isn't really random and kind of a good question (If a question is a topic starter.)
Back to top Go down
Martin The Man Van Buren
Senator
Senator
Martin The Man Van Buren

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:11 pm

I'd like to propose that we push the Indians further west. If any do not comply--elimniate them.
Back to top Go down
BobShark
Admin
BobShark

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Martin The Man Van Buren wrote:
I'd like to propose that we push the Indians further west. If any do not comply--elimniate them.

GaH! i knew i should have chose you. lol.
Back to top Go down
ChesterParadox
ChesterParadox

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 pm

BobShark wrote:
Martin The Man Van Buren wrote:

GaH! i knew i should have chose you. lol.

racist
Back to top Go down
Lorena.Lollerskates
Senator
Senator
Lorena.Lollerskates

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:58 pm

am i allowed to make points here?
i honestly think i might be changing my vote if chester doesnt come up with anything good because i have gone onto different sites and spamed spiritproject.tk because that is something that any member can do.
and yeah, they already let the random section shit go off topic which makes a lot of sense but you cant do something that has already been done, besides, i dont think you have the authority to lock topics do you? isnt that the mods job?
and then asking the community to vote, bob pretty much already does that.
if people arent happy with what is done, im sure he'll change it.
like the layout, i think im the only person that didnt like it so obviously hes not gunna change it if the majority of the people like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxfa113n4ng3lxx
ChesterParadox
ChesterParadox

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:27 am

okay

what i meant with the whole listen to the community thing is if i ever have to break a vote that is tied
or it i have should suggest a sect

i never said lock a topic
but basically enforce the fact that if it isnt in the random sect dont go off topic
Back to top Go down
BobShark
Admin
BobShark

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:33 am

-DEBATE QUESTION-

Users join everyday but not all of them seem to remain active after the first few posts.

What could you come up with to help the community grow and at the same time help create and attract active users?

or

What is your opinion on this issue and its solution?
Back to top Go down
ChesterParadox
ChesterParadox

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:37 am

games?
Back to top Go down
Slurry.
Senator
Senator
Slurry.

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:02 pm

I like Chester's idea of games...The only problem is that wouldn't stimulate them to post, they'd just play the games. XD

Really, that's a problem with every forum. The best way to get active members is to get active members from similar forums. So, if someone finds a popular anime/music/games/general forum, try to get some of the people from there. If they're active there, then they'll hopefully be active here.

There really isn't a guaranteed solution to the problem; it's really just a problem that every forum goes through.
Back to top Go down
ChesterParadox
ChesterParadox

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:45 pm

hmmm

Slurry what do you think about if in order to play games you need to have a certain post count or something.
Back to top Go down
Lorena.Lollerskates
Senator
Senator
Lorena.Lollerskates

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:36 pm

ChesterParadox wrote:
hmmm

Slurry what do you think about if in order to play games you need to have a certain post count or something.

again, im gunna put my opinion in this even though i dont know if it matters.
i like the idea of games, but if you make it so that you have to have a certain number of posts before you play, people either just wont play or will just spam like crazy in order to play.
Back to top Go down
Martin The Man Van Buren
Senator
Senator
Martin The Man Van Buren

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:42 am

BobShark wrote:
-DEBATE QUESTION-

Users join everyday but not all of them seem to remain active after the first few posts.

What could you come up with to help the community grow and at the same time help create and attract active users?

or

What is your opinion on this issue and its solution?

It appears that is quite a dilemma. I believe we should make propaganda on "posting more". Also, I think that having more experience with politics (being the greatest president ever), I should have the right to be Senator, at least until I get back to my time. So vote for me!

Last edited by Martin The Man Van Buren on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorena.Lollerskates
Senator
Senator
Lorena.Lollerskates

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:55 am

Dude, did you not read the rules?
The only parties for this election are gunna be bob and the mods (sorry dude, i totally forgot your name :/) parties.
you can run next time.
Back to top Go down
BobShark
Admin
BobShark

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:58 am

dude shut up hes Martin The Man Van Buren the best president in history.
Back to top Go down
Martin The Man Van Buren
Senator
Senator
Martin The Man Van Buren

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:59 am

Lorena.Lollerskates wrote:
Dude, did you not read the rules?
The only parties for this election are gunna be bob and the mods (sorry dude, i totally forgot your name :/) parties.
you can run next time.

You do not know the ways of politics, my dear. I know you can't help it; women are always trying to interrupt men's affairs.

I laugh as I press buttons making these letters magically appear.

I guess since the two big parties are those two that my fellow rivals represent, I suppose you can say I'm the independent party.

So, BEGONE TEXT DEMON!

Last edited by Martin The Man Van Buren on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Slurry.
Senator
Senator
Slurry.

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:08 pm

ChesterParadox wrote:
hmmm

Not only would that be hard to implement, but, as Lorena said, people would spam in order to play them, or just wouldn't play them entirely.
Back to top Go down
BobShark
Admin
BobShark

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:39 pm

-DEBATE QUESTION-

What kinds of entertainment could you propose in order to continue to entertain our members? Their are ways other than games. Debate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!   Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS! Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Senate Elections: SLURRY WINS!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next